ISO 11172 : ISO 11172 is the standard for the coded representation of moving pictures and associated audio stored on digital storage media.
Apply For ISO Registration
What is ISO 11172?
is the standard for the coded representation of moving pictures and associated audio stored on digital storage media. This standard has the following parts :
- Systems – Specifies the system coding layer of the standard. It defines the storage and organisation of audio, video and other data together.
- Video – Specifies the coded representation of video data.
- Audio – Specifies the coded representation of audio data.
- Conformance testing – Testing the compliance of the requirements of the standard.
- Reference software – Example software showing how to encode and decode according to the standard.
Functions of ISO 11172
Following are the basic functions of ISO 11172:
- It synchronization of multiple compressed streams on playback.
- It Interleave the multiple compressed streams into a single stream.
- It initializiation of buffering for playback start up.
- It has continuous buffering management and time identification.