- offers competitive differentiation by demonstrating reliability and high quality of service;
- gives access to key markets, as many organisations in the public sector mandate that their IT service providers demonstrate compliance with ISO 20000;
- provides assurance to clients that their service requirements will be fulfilled;
- enforces a measurable level of effectiveness and a culture of continual improvement by enabling service providers to monitor, measure and review their service management processes and services;
- drives down the costs of conformance to a multitude of regulations, including the PCI DSS and Sarbanes-Oxley;
- helps leverage ITIL (IT Infrastructure Linrary) practices to optimise resources and processes.
A small part of this certfication is the ISO 20000-1: 2011 standard which is used for defining the requirements of an organization setting up a new ITSM. The SMSs can be certified seperately as compliant to this standard.