The ISO 20000 is the standard for IT Service Management which empowers IT organizations to claim that their ITSM processes are in accordance with business needs as well compliant with international standards.
Benefits of ISO 20000 Certification
- offers competitive differentiation by demonstrating reliability and high quality of service;
- gives access to key markets, as many organisations in the public sector mandate that their IT service providers demonstrate compliance with ISO 20000;
- provides assurance to clients that their service requirements will be fulfilled;
- enforces a measurable level of effectiveness and a culture of continual improvement by enabling service providers to monitor, measure and review their service management processes and services;
- drives down the costs of conformance to a multitude of regulations, including the PCI DSS and Sarbanes-Oxley;
- helps leverage ITIL (IT Infrastructure Linrary) practices to optimise resources and processes.
A small part of this certfication is the ISO 20000-1: 2011 standard which is used for defining the requirements of an organization setting up a new ITSM. The SMSs can be certified seperately as compliant to this standard.
Who can use ISO 20000-1:2011?
- An organisation seeking services from service providers and requiring assurance that their service requirements will be fulfilled.
- An organisation that requires a consistent approach by all its service providers, including those in a supply chain.
- A service provider that intends to demonstrate its capability for the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services that fulfil service requirements.
- A service provider to monitor, measure and review its service management processes and services.
- A service provider to improve the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services through the effective implementation and operation of the SMS.
- An assessor or auditor as the criteria for a conformity assessment of a service provider’s SMS to the requirements in ISO20000-1:2011.