ISO refers to International Organization for Standardization. Here, we will discuss ISO 20000-1-Certification.
ISO makes sure that the quality of the products and their services can be trusted because they’re safe. Did you know that ISO has its own 21000 International Standards? Well, it does. And did you know about ISO ‘s technical committee?
The panel of experts that are present on the technical committee develop the ISO standards. They make drafts first and then the members that are shareholders or consumer associations etc. give votes and comments. After proper analysis of the draft, if all the members agree on it, then only it becomes an official ISO standard.
The members of the committee can be consumer associations, various NGOs or the Govt itself. This means the experts are from different parts of the world!!!
The consumer groups request the standards to be taken into consideration and then the idea becomes the draft, all the views from different shareholders and other experts are analyzed to make the standard finally develop.
[email protected] -is the one you can email your complaints regarding any problem. Be it the misuse of ISO logo or an organization falsely claiming to be certified by the ISO.
Its headquarters are in Geneva, Switzerland. ISO sets standards and the members who are representing standards who are from the national standards organization
ISO STANDARD 20000-1 For Information Technology management:
It Is a management system for services. It helps in establishing and implementing, operating and monitoring, and also maintaining an efficient management system. All the service requirements that are improvised through a better transition and the delivery of services.
An organization of any size may, however, need a stable approach by all the services providers. It basically aims at providing the services for the service providers itself!
This ISO standard is for an organization which is providing the activities of IT service management even if the company’s size is small. It also specifies requirements for the service provider in order to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and also improve an SMS. The requirements thus include the design, transition, delivery and the improvement of services in order to fulfill agreed service requirements.
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 can, however, be used by:
- an organization which is seeking services from the service providers and also requires assurance that their service requirements would be fulfilled;
- an organization that thus requires a consistent approach by all its service providers, including those who are in a supply chain;
- A service provider who intends in order to demonstrate its capability for the design, transition, delivery and for the improvement of services that fulfills service requirements;
- The service provider in order to monitor, measure and also review its service management processes and services;
- Service provider in order to improve the design, transition, delivery and the improvement of services through the effective implementation and the operation of the SMS;
- an assessor or an auditor as the criteria for a conformity assessment of a service provider’s SMS to the requirements in ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011.
For the success, diversification and the profit of an organization the service management system is becoming essential. Also, in order to improve an organization’s future performance and in order to reduce many risk factors, this ISO standard is required.
The more risk an organization would take the more profit it’ll likely to gain. Therefore, to make any fall (in case of losses) less severe, the management would follow the guidelines under this standard.
Mainly ISO 20000-1 contains all the factors that are a ‘MUST HAVE’ for an organization. Like to deliver better-managed services of best qualities to the customers!
You can seek assistance for your application for ISO registration here.
Related Topic: How to obtain IS/ISO 9001:2008 certification?