- What is ISO 22000?
- Who needs ISO 22000 Certification?
- How does ISO 22000 integrate with an existing HACCP program?
- What are the key elements of ISO 22000?
- What are the requirements of ISO 22000?
- What is the Pre-requisites of ISO 22000 Certification?
- What are the Benefits of ISO 22000?
- Process for ISO 22000 Certification
- Cost of ISO 22000 Certification and how long does it take to be certified?
What is ISO 22000?
The ISO 22000 refers to an international food safety standard developed by the International Organisation for Standardization. It is considered as the framework for a Food Safety Management System (FSMS) incorporating Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) principles and ISO 9001:2000 elements. The general food safety requirements are set by the ISO 22000 that is now applied globally by all the organizations from farm to fork.
Read more for Procedure of ISO certification
Who needs ISO 22000 Certification?
The ISO 22000 can be applied to any company in the food-related businesses like from field to store including growers, transporters, packagers, processors, retailers, bottlers and restaurants.
How does ISO 22000 integrate with an existing HACCP program?
As soon as you have a functioning GMP and HACCP program in place, you may meet the ISO 22000 requirements for food safety specifically, Clause 7, Planning and realization of safe products. The next clauses for ISO 22000 need Quality Management System elements (Consistent with ISO 9001:2000) and include:
- A communication plan
- A process for management review
- A procedure for continual improvement
- A procedure for document and record control
Some of the examples of Quality Management System elements in ISO 22000 are:
- Implementing effective arrangements for communicating across the food chain. It is more relevant that there should be a two-way flow of information between all who influence or are affected by your FSMS. It contains suppliers, contractors, customers, consumers, statutory and regulatory authorities and company stuff.
- It involves the top management in regular, documented reviews of the FSMS to ensure its continued effectiveness and improvement.
What are the key elements of ISO 22000?
Following are the key elements of ISO 22000:
- Involvement of the management team: It’s not about only the Food Safety handling by the quality department rather it is a top management issue. This ISO 22000 focuses on the involvement of the management team, which has to develop overall policy.
- Communication: because food safety hazards may be introduced at any stage of the food chain so interactive communication both upstream and downstream is essential. In addition, internal communication is a key element of avoiding misunderstandings and minimizing risks. A common vocabulary can be a vital and great help in this connection.
- The HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Point) principles: ISO 22000 combines the recognization of HACCP principles with prerequisite programmes. The hazard analysis overall determines a strong strategy and the prerequisite programmes set up an action plan.
- System management: ISO 22000 always relies on a structured management system based on relevant parts of ISO 9001. And it is possible to integrate them into one management system together with ISO 14001.
What are the requirements of ISO 22000?
All that ISO 22000 need is you build a Food Safety Management system. This concluded that you have a documented system in place and fully implemented throughout your facility that includes:
- Effective and efficient Pre-requisite Programs in place to ensure a clean sanitary environment is relevant.
- A hazard analysis and the Critical control plan developed to identify, side by side prevent and eliminate food safety hazards,
- Established documented food safety management system processes to manage food safety throughout your organization – from management and business planning aspects to day to day communication and operations affecting food safety.
What is the Pre-requisites of ISO 22000 Certification?
Following are the procedure to be certified:
- Food safety management system documentation
First and foremost thing is that your system will need to be documented in the form of policies, objectives, procedures, and records. The most significant documented management system is made up of mainly four levels of documentation.
- Documenting your processes
There will need to document procedures called out by the standard as well as those required to ensure control of other processes in your FSMS. The overall meaning of this is that your FSMS will have more documented procedures than just those specifically named in the standards but these procedures will be useful documents. They will make you sure that processes are being done as management planned and approved. Conversely, they will ensure that management knows how to process are being performed.
- Specific Procedures required by the standard are:
Documents Control, Records control, unsafe product control, corrections, corrective actions, withdrawals and internal audits. Make sure that the different people perform the process the same way. If you are not writing the procedure and putting it in a book on the shelf to collect dust then you will be building a system where documented procedures. Besides, the work instructions will become an important and integral part of your system.
- Simplifying your documentation project:
If in a certain situation, you have to decide to set up ISO 22000 in your company then you know that you will need to write procedures and forms that document your food safety system. You will easily get to know why exactly it needs to be done to achieve compliance and certification. And all the things you can do without hiring an expensive consultant. After achieving results just feel free.
What are the Benefits of ISO 22000?
Following are the benefits of ISO 22000:
- It has an auditable global standard
- It has international recognition
- It enhanced business liability protection
- It has Improved audit and inspection readiness.
- It enhances regulatory compliance
- Interactive communication within the business, with outside agencies, customers and suppliers
- Compatibility with established Quality Management systems such as ISO 9001.
- All the benefits of HACCP
Process for ISO 22000 Certification
Following are the process of ISO 22000 Certification:
- Making an application to an accredited ISO certification body
- Defining the certification scope
- Initial assessment to verify that the basic structure of the management system is implemented.
- Certification audit
- Surveillance audits-it includes the verification of continuous improvement, closure of nonconformities from previous audits, conformance to the standards etc.
- Re-certification after three years
Cost of ISO 22000 Certification and how long does it take to be certified?
The cost for ISO 22000 certification is only Rs. 10299. It takes only 3 to 15 days to complete the procedure of ISO 22000 Certification.
Hurry up! Appy ISO from our website: ISOCertificateonline to raise the standard of your business as well as recognition to the worldwide. You can also call at 8750008844 and send your query on Email: [email protected]. Our experts are available here to guide you in the best possible way.