The ISO 31000 is a specification which provides a direction towards integration of risk-based decision making into the functioning and governance of an organization.
Apply For ISO Registration
What is ISO 31000?
No successful business is ever free of risks. The current scenario of huge data processing at lightning fast rates exposes companies and organizations to a tremendous amount of risk.
The ISO 31000 is a specification which provides a direction towards integration of risk-based decision making into the functioning and governance of an organization.The specification is applicable to all organizations regardless of their type, size, location and activities conducted by the organization.
A range of stakeholder developed the specification and can be deployed not only by veteran risk managers but by anyone in charge of managing risk.
Requirements for ISO 31000
- Identifying organization’s key objectives which will help clarify targets the risk management system achieve and requirements it should fulfill.
- Performing assesment of the current system of governance strutcure which enables to as responsibilities and reporting procedures associated with risk.
- Defining the level of commitment and resource allocation company is willing to expend for succesul implementation as well maintainence of Risk management system.
Benefits of ISO 3100
- ISO 31000 helps an organization to develop a well-documented risk management startergy which enable to effectively identify as well as mitigate risk
- Deploying and creating a risk management culture within employees as well as shareholders where careful risk assesment is done for decision making.
- Identify positive oppurtunites as well as negative consequences associated with risk management.
- Helps improve decision making by assisting to make well-informed and effective decisions minimizing risk as well as resulting in overall improved governance.