The ISO standard 5001, aims to introduce comprehensive measures to an organizations enery management policies. The latest edition of the standard is ISO 5001:2018.
Apply For ISO Registration
What is ISO 5001?
Energy conusmption and it’s environmental impact is no secret. A recent report suggests that energy consumption of the world has doubled over the last 40 years and is also going to see a 30% rise by the year 2040.
The ISO standard 5001, aims to introduce comprehensive measures to an organizations enery management policies. The latest edition of the standard is ISO 5001:2018. The standard is basically a strategic tool which helps organizations put in energy management system using energy more efficiently and thus making strides towards improvements in productivity.
Implementing an Energy Mangement System entails managing energy use as wel as implementing brand new energy effiecient technologies, cutting down on energy waste and making betterments to current process of energy costs reduction.
Requirements for ISO 5001
- Development of efficient use of energy policy
- Setting fixed aims for proper utilization of energy
- Making a comprehensive statistical analysis and efficient decision making procedure on data aquired for energy consumption usage.
- Reviewing effectiveness of the implemented policy of energy use.
- Making improvements to already implemented energy management protocold.
Benefits of ISO 5001
- Improving Energy performance of the organization by making better usage of energy efficient assets.
- Reducing cost and consumption while also maximizing efficient usage
- Reducing environmental impact and improving organization’s reputation
- Increasing competitiveness because of reduced costs.