What is ISO 50001?
ISO 50001 is a family of standards pertaining to Energy Management Systems(En-MS). It specifies the requirements for organisations to:
- a) Develop improved methods of efficient energy use.
- b) Promote energy management practices and reinforce good energy management behaviors.
- c) Evaluate and prioritize the implementation of new energy-efficient technologies.
- d) Continually improve energy management.
Benefits of ISO 50001 certification?
- Establishes a highly reliable, good quality, and trusted business. This builds up customer satisfaction by meeting their requirements and concerns.
- Continual improvement in quality retains existing customers and attracts new ones.
- A number of major purchasers require their suppliers to hold ISO 50001 certification.
- Selects and encourages more productive and time saving processes.
- Improves efficiency and reduces cost.