- ISO Certification
- ISO certification bodies
- Some of the best ISO certification bodies in India
- How to choose the right ISO certification Body in India?
- Integrated audit
- Why use an accredited ISO certification body?
- Benefits of choosing an accredited ISO certification bodies
ISO certification refers to the seal which is approved from an external body whereby a company complies to one of the internationally recognized ISO management systems. This certification can further be used to tender for a business as a proof of a company’s credibility but also instills confidence in a potential client that promises will be kept. This article is based on the ISO certification bodies.
ISO certification bodies
By ISO certification body we mean a registrar which is competent and authorized to issue certification on the management system after an audit. It is the awards credentials to individuals who meet specific competence requirements relating to a particular profession, an occupation, a job or a portion of a job. Distinguishing the best ISO certification body is really a very challenging task being an individual or organization. Any certification body can only be stated as leading when they meet below requirement:
- Have 100% success rate on project completion.
- Have competent auditors within the organization.
- Have auditors on every industry sector.
- Audit techniques are on industry best practices.
Some of the best ISO certification bodies in India
- Bureau Veritas
- Tuv Nord
How to choose the right ISO certification Body in India?
No doubt the price is the main criteria and you should ask a couple of certification bodies for their proposals and think over it what to do what not to do. However, the price is not the only thing that we should look for but we should consider other things also:
If you are to use your ISO certification for marketing purposes then do not get the certification from a body that is known to give them away with no criteria whatsoever. It would be better if you choose a certification body with a solid reputation.
Here, the point to think if anyone can give you a piece of paper by saying that you are ISO 27001 Certified or any kind of standards but not anyone is accredited (licensed) to do so. Hence, you need to check whether that certification body has accreditation i.e if they have the license from the local government body in your country.
If you belong to a bank, then it is actually not a very good idea to have a certification body that has until now certified only manufacturing companies. It may happen that this auditor may have a lot of experience in business continuity but if he has audited only manufacturing companies by now, you will lose too much time explaining to him how the bank works. Ultimately, as a result, he will be learning much from you will from him.
If you have ever wished to choose an auditor with low experience to get by easily then actually it is in your best interest to have an experiences auditor because you might miss some valuable insight. Therefore, never be afraid to ask which auditor will audit you. Moreover, ask for his CV and a list of companies he has audited.
Maybe, you have started with ISO 27001 or whatsoever, but if you are planning to implement ISO 22301, ISO 9001 and other standards you can actually ask your certification body to do an integrated audit. This ultimately means you will not have to go through separate audits for each and every system but you can do one audit for all these systems together. From this, you will not only save time but also you will have to pay less.
If in case, the ISO certification body has to fly in the auditor from any other continent then it will be very difficult for you to change the date of the audit. Since all the travel arrangements have been made already.
If necessary, the ISO certification body might provide a translator. And still, the audit will go much smoother if the auditor speaks your language. He will be going to read your entire documents much more easily and you will be able to develop a better relationship with him when there is no language barrier.
Why use an accredited ISO certification body?
A wise decision must be taken in selecting the right organization to carry out your ISO certification. Always choose an accreditation body that is a signatory to the IAF Multilateral Recognition Arrangement (MLA) that would be proved the best practice. It will be competent to deliver a consistently reliable and impartial service which meets the appropriate, internationally-recognized standard.
Benefits of choosing an accredited ISO certification bodies
Following are the benefits of choosing an accredited ISO certification body:
- It gives you the confidence of getting the service that closely meets your requirements.
- A chance to win a new business since the use of accredited conformity assessment services is increasingly a stipulation of specifiers in both the public and private sector;
- Through accredited ISO certification bodies, you can gain access to overseas markets since certificates issued by them are recognized well and accepted throughout the world.
- It helps to identify the best practice since the certification body needs to have an appropriate knowledge of your business sector.
- It controls the cost with the help of knowledge transfer since accredited certification bodies can be a good source of impartial advice.
- It also offers market differentiation and leadership by showing to others credible evidence of good practice.
- Besides, it demonstrates due diligence in the event of legal action.
- Last but not least, it reduces paperwork and increases efficiency by reducing the relevance of re-audit your business.
Hurry up! Apply ISO for certification to make your products and services outstand in the cut throat-competition. Send your query on Email: [email protected] and give us a call at 8750008844. Our experts are available on our website: ISO certification online to provide you the best advice ever.