- Why are there strict regulations for usage of ISO logo?
- What is the role of ISO in Regulating the use of ISO logo?
- Who can use the ISO logo?
- How to identify the ISO logo?
- Tips on using ISO logo
- Which logos can be used by the entities having an ISO certification?
- What kind of ISO Standard logo can be used by users of ISO certification?
- What kind of ISO Logo is not allowed for the users of ISO certification?
Of course, it is a fact that ISO registration is a very crucial aspect that determines the quality of the products of an organization and musters customers’ enticement for the services it offers to them. One can not deny the fact that an ISO logo conveys the strong sense of reliability among the consumers, and thus the dealers of goods and services having ISO Certificate prefer the usage of its logo of the certification on the premises and on their products. Although, the International Organisation for Standardization or ISO has laid out separate directives for the general usage of the ISO logo by its users. If you want to get more knowledge regarding ISO certification Procedure or importance of ISO or more then must follow our blog.
Why are there strict regulations for usage of ISO logo?
ISO Mark implies an assurance for product quality, confidence, reliability, health safety and several other positive attributes for the average users, clients, and consumers. This is the reason why the users of the ISO certification services prefer to convey the trust factor to their prospective clients through the ISO logo. However, as an apex authoritative body, ISO is concerned about how the ISO’s trademarks and logo are to be used by the certified bodies.
If any unauthorized usage of the ISO trademarks would be found that could misguide the consumers, and convey bogus repute in the market, or can cause confusion and affect the reputation of accredited entities.
What is the role of ISO in Regulating the use of ISO logo?
The members of an ISO who are situated worldwide take suitable action in case they trace any abuse of ISO’s intellectual property i.e. ISO trademarks and ISO Logos which could mislead the consumers.
Who can use the ISO logo?
According to the ISO Policies, the main ISO logo (ISO+globe design) is a registered mark and use of the ISO logo is in principle granted only to ISO members i.e the national standards institutes which represent ISO in their respective countries. ISO logo usage is not authorized in connection with certification since this would give the impression that is ISO that has carried out the certification or has approved it. On the other hand, ISO develops and maintains ISO international standards but does not itself carry out any certification.
How to identify the ISO logo?
The main ISO logo contains the ISO monogram with the design of a globe in a colored background, mostly blue, black or red. The design of a simple logo is given below:
Tips on using ISO logo
Following are some tips of using ISO logo:
- Never use ISO’s logo.
- Never adapt or modify ISO’s logo for your use.
- When you want to use a logo then ask your certification body for permission to use its logo.
- When your organization is certified to ISO 9001:2008 then use the full designation instead of just “ISO 9001.”
- When your organization is certified to ISO 14001:2004 then use the full designation instead of just “ISO 14001.”
- You can replace the use of the generic terms like “ISO 9000 certification” and “ISO 14000 certification” by the specific terms “ISO 9001:2008 certification” and “ISO 14001:2004 certificate.”
- In the ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 contexts, certified, registered, registration and certification in meaning and you can use either term.
- Never say that your organization has been accredited.
- Never use ISO certified or ISO certification.
- Despite using “ISO 9001:2008 Certified”, “ISO 9001:2008 Certification”, ISO 14001:2004 Certified”, or “ISO 14001:2004 Certification.”
- Never display ISO 9001:2008 or ISO 14001:2004 certification marks of conformity on products, product labels, or product packaging, or in any way that may be interpreted as denoting product conformity.
- Never give the impression in any context like ISO 9001:2008 or ISO 14001:2004 certifications are product certifications or product guarantees.
- If a reference to ISO 9001:2008 or ISO 14001:2004 Certifications in product-related information that includes advertisements is included then never do so in such a way that ISO 9001:2008 or ISO 14001:2004 certifications may be interpreted as being product certifications or product guarantees.
- Always be accurate and be precise regarding the scope of your organization’s ISO 9001:2008 or ISO 14001:2004 certifications, as far as both the activities and geographical locations covered by the certifications are concerned.
Overall, the logo of a particular ISO with full reference of the standard is generally printed on the ISO Certificate that is issued by the accreditation body.
Which logos can be used by the entities having an ISO certification?
The users are allowed to use different logos that bear the complete reference of ISO standard which they have been granted on their trading credentials such as visiting cards, letterheads, brochures and pamphlets, cartons and boxes etc. ISO marks must be used in that way by which they could not be interpreted as ISO logos in a solitary manner. The short name must be used in an isolation or given undue emphasis. Nonetheless, it is of course perfectly permissible to quote the reference number of the ISO standard in accordance with which the product, the service or the company has been certified.
For example ISO 9001:2005 with the full reference should be displayed in characters of the same size and weight. In addition, the name of the certification body shall be mentioned in the communication as a way of tracing the certification back to them.
What kind of ISO Standard logo can be used by users of ISO certification?
Replica of an ISO standard logo.
Modified or digitally edited ISO standard logo.
Any sort of artistic ISO standard icon.
What kind of ISO Logo is not allowed for the users of ISO certification?
As we told you above, the official ISO logo i.e ISO with globe-icon is a registered mark of ISO and can be used only by the members of ISO. Any of the ISO logos given below can’t be used by the entities certified for ISO Certification standard. It is repeatedly advised to judiciously abide by the guidelines for usage of ISO Logo as to avoid any sort of objection from the accreditation body from which the ISO Certification services have been availed.
Hurry up! Appy for ISO 9001 and take your business to the list of top quality providers. You can visit our website ISOcertificateonline for further more details such as certification marks in India, ISO registration in Bengaluru or more. Our experts are available here to guide you for any query. Give us a call at 8750008844 and send your query on Email: [email protected]