ISO stands for the International Organisation for Standardisation. It is considered as the independent organization that provides standards in terms of quality, safety, and efficiency of products and services provided by the businesses. With parallel to the cutthroat competition among the business, it becomes necessary to deliver high quality of goods and services in order to sustain in the market. The importance of ISO Certification is it improves the credibility of your business as well as the overall efficiency of the business. This article will help you to know about the Procedure of ISO Certification in India.
Index for the Procedure of ISO Certification in India:
- Pre-requisite to ISO Registration Procedure in India
- Procedure of ISO Certificate in India
- What is the cost for ISO Certification
- How long it will take to get Certification
Pre-Requisite to ISO Registration Procedure in India
Following are the requisite things that should be kept in mind before the ISO Online Procedure in India:
- Choose the type of ISO Certification: The first and foremost step is to choose the type of ISO Certificate that is appropriate for your business.
The several types of ISO Certification are available such as:
ISO 9001 2008 – Quality Management
ISO 14001 – Environmental Management
ISO 27001 – Information security Management
ISO 22008 – Food Safety Management and so on.
2. Choose ISO Certification Body: Always keep in mind that ISO itself does not provide certification to the companies. Certification is only done by the external bodies. It will be more beneficial if you choose a recognized and credible certification body. Following things should be noted while choosing the ISO registrar:
- Evaluate the several ISO Certification service providers.
- Must check if they are following the CASCO standards. CASCA refers to the committee that works on issues relating to conformity assessment.
- Check whether it is credited or not. Although accreditation is not compulsory they must meet the requirements of ISO Accreditation bodies.
Procedure of ISO Certification in India
Following are the procedure of ISO Certification in India:
- Creation of application: Both the applicant and the registrar must be agreed on a contract. This contract explains the rights and obligations of both parties and includes liability issues, confidentiality, and access rights.
- Documents Review: The ISO auditor will view all your quality manuals and documents related to various policies and procedures being followed in the organization. Review the existing work will help the ISO auditor to identify the possible gaps against the requirements stipulated in the ISO standards.
- Make an Action Plan: When the ISO auditor has done with the existing gaps in your organization, preparation of action plan is required by you. You should prepare the list of the required tasks to be performed to bring the desired changes in your organization. Maybe you required to provide training to the employees to work efficiently while adapting to new procedures. Aware all the employees about the ISO Standards in terms of work efficiency and quality standards.
- Initial Certification Audit: This is divided into two categories:-
Stage 1: The changes will be audited by the ISO auditor in the organization. Then they will identify the possible non- conformities in your systems and procedures to the desired quality management system. They can divide these non-conformities into minor and major non-conformities. The applicant must carefully assess all the non-conformities and get it aligned as per the desired quality standards through modification in the techniques and processes used by the organization.
Stage 2: As soon as the required changes are done in the organization, the ISO auditor does the final auditing. The auditor will check whether all the non-conformities have been eliminated or not as per ISO quality standards. When the auditor of ISO is satisfied then they will prepare the final ISO audit report and forward it to the registrar.
5. Complete ISO Certification: As soon as all the non-conformities are addressed and all the findings are put in the ISO audit report, the registrar will grant the ISO certification.
6. Surveillance Audits: It is basically conducted to make sure that the ISO quality standards are being by the organization or not. It is conducted from time to time according to the need.
What is the cost for ISO Certification
The cost for ISO Certification is not fixed. It varies from organization to organization. The ISO certification agency calculates the cost of ISO Certification separately for each organization after considering them on different parameters such as:
- How many employees there in the organization
- How many processes are there
- Level of risk involved along with the scope of services of the organization
- The complexity of the management system
- Working shifts numbers etc.
How long it will take to get Certification
How long the procedure of ISO Certification will take to get registered is totally vary from organization to organization. A little bit idea can be given by the ISO Certification agency after assessing the size of the company.
Usually, the time taken for the ISO online process is approximate:
- For small Organisations: 6-8 months
- Medium organizations: 8-12 months
- Large organizations: 12-15 months
Hurry up! Appy for ISO 9001 and take your business to the list of top quality providers. You can visit our website ISOcertificateonline for further more details such as certification marks in India, ISO registration in Bengaluru or more. Our experts are available here to guide you for any query. Give us a call at 8750008844 and send your query on Email: [email protected]